Belle Beach House has easy access to many local attractions; you don’t need to go far. The area has superb opportunities for beach and rock fishing, boating, beach-combing and swimming.
Places to visit near Island Beach include:
- Pennington Bay
- American River Aquatic Reserve
- Pelican Lagoon Conservation Park
- Prospect Hill
- American River
- Brown’s Beach
- The Oyster Farm Shop
- M.B. Stoner Art Glass, and
- The KI Art Works Gallery.
A little further afield to the west of Kangaroo Island you will find:
- Clifford’s Honey Farm
- Emu Ridge Eucalyptus Distillery
- Rookery Wines and KI Cider
- The KI Lavender Farm
- KI Spirits
- The Island Pure Sheep Diary, and
- Kingscote (KI’s largest town).
A trip to the eastern end of Kangaroo island will take you to attractions in Penneshaw and beyond:
- Sunset Wines
- The Baudin Conservation Park
- Dudley Cellar Door
- Chapman River Cellar Door
- Antechamber Bay and Chapman River, and
- Cape Willoughby Lighthouse where the guided tours are a must.
The northern coast of Kangaroo Island is easily accessible from Belle Beach House.
Attractions include Kingscote and many beaches and coves to explore; Emu Bay, Stokes Bay, Western River Cove, Snug Cove, Scott Cove and onto Cape Borda Lighthouse. Other attractions include:
- Paul’s Place Wildlife Sanctuary
- Stokes Bay Bush Garden
- Emu Bay Lavender Farm
- Shep’s Studio, and
- The Old Wisanger School.
The south coast features wonderful National Parks, Wilderness Protection Areas, beaches and Conservation Parks with stunning scenery and bush/beach walking opportunities.These include;
- Little Sahara ( for sand boarding)
- Seal Bay
- Vivonne Bay
- Kelly Hill Caves
- Hanson Bay, and
- Flinders Chase National Park (Remarkable Rocks, Admirals Arch etc)
Attractions along the way include;
- Seal Bay Visitor Centre with guided tours
- Raptor Domain
- Kangaroo Island Outdoor Action centre, and
- Rustic Blue Gallery and Cafe.